While preparing for your move, you will probably find that you have many items you do not want to bring with you to your new residence. Cheerful Transitions can help you declutter your home and pare down items to make your transition into a new place smoother.
At Cheerful Transitions, our professionals will declutter your loved one’s home and help them decide whether or not to take the items they love most with them to their new residence.
We treat the decluttering process with the utmost care and compassion because we understand that many items can hold significant sentimental value. Cheerful Transitions offers many options for decluttering, such as gifting, sale, donation, or disposal.
Our Decluttering Process
At Cheerful Transitions, we understand that every situation is unique. That’s why we cater all of our services to each of our clients.
We work with you every step of the way to make a plan for all of your valuables. Everyone has items they rarely use or don’t use anymore, so we may ask:
- When did you last use or wear this item? If it’s a year or more, you may not need it anymore. Donating or auctioning this item may be the best course of action.
- Is there sentimental value to this item? Of course, you should not throw out items with sentimental value, like a wedding dress. Consider gifting this item to a family member.
- Is this item functional? If there are items that you don’t use or may be broken, there is no reason to hang on to it anymore. We will take care of any and all junk removal.
Decluttering Options to Consider
- Auction: Instead of throwing away unwanted items, you can make extra money from them by auctioning them off. Clothes, jewelry and furniture are all popular choices for an auction. A Cheerful Transitions employee will arrange for your items to be auctioned off, so you can feel confident that you’re getting the most for your valuables.
- Charitable Donation: One of the most satisfying ways to clear your home of any unwanted items is to donate them to people in need. Charities everywhere are always open to donations of household items, furniture, and clothing. We will arrange to send your unwanted items to a charity of your choice and make sure you receive a tax-deductible donation receipt.
- Gifting Items to Family Members: One of the most popular ways to declutter items that may be sentimental is gifting them to family or friends, so the items are being kept in the family. The receiver will appreciate and value the items since they know it’s important to you. We can arrange the shipping and delivery of your valuables and family heirlooms to your friends or family members, wherever they are located.
- Junk Removal: Sometimes, there are items that can’t be sold or donated, due to wear and tear or a general old condition. We can take care of any unwanted furniture, electronics, bulk trash removal, and more as part of our junk removal services.